Nobody takes up ski-racing just to make a living and I’m no different.
There are always goals!
I was lucky enough to carry the Olympic flame when I was 12, and that leaves something of a lasting impression.
My hard work, my family’s support and the support of my sponsors over the past 15 years all paid off this February. I achieved my goal of competing in the Vancouver 2010 Olympics. It was an unreal experience. One of the main realisations I had in Vancouver was that I have much more to achieve in this sport. Here are my goals for the future:
The last 2 years have provided significant experience for me through the World Championships and Olympics. I have set myself a pathway towards achieving a top-10 result in the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics:
- Win Overall Australia & NZ Cup strandings
- Score World Cup points on at least one occasion (top-30 finish in a World Cup race)
- Finish in the top-30 in the World Championships in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany.
- Win Overall Australia & NZ Cup standings
- Focus on World Cup – enter the top-30 overall standings in one discipline (No World Champs in 2012)
- Top-15 at 2013 World Champs
- Top-10 at Sochi Winter Olympics
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-12793186-2']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);